Tuesday, February 12, 2008

First Appointment and other ramblings...

Sarah had her first appointment today and she's managed to maintain her girly figure; she left the hospital at 6 lbs 9 oz and weighed in at 6 lbs 11.5 oz today. All in all it was a great appointment and I'm very happy with our choice of pediatrician. For those of you who are in the military, you know that making an appointment for a sick child to see a doctor on Post takes an Act of Congress; Phillip was able to get both of our kiddos assigned to an off-post doc and I'm loving it, because when he's gone again (overseas), at least getting two sick kids to the doctor won't be so much of a hassle.

Which brings me to this....

I've been talking to friends a lot about the upcoming deployment. We all dread it. It's gonna be hard work for those who have to go, and hard work for those who have to stay and take care of house and home. Myself, I'm scared. I'll admit it...I'm really not sure how raising two small children without the help and hands-on support of my husband will pan out. But I think that with the help and support of good friends (and I do have a small circle of good friends that I can really count on; maybe we can plan one night a week at each other's houses to cover the loneliness factor?) and family...and God himself, The Lopez Four minus Daddy at home will pull through. Let's just hope that something miraculous will happen with this stupid war...and our guys won't have to stay out for very long. Fifteen months to one year is too much........

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Honestly, I don't know how you made it thru the 1st deployment. I would love to be able to say I could help (in a worthwhie way), but from many states away, that's kinda hard. :(

Tracy Morris said...

AW she is sooo tiny. I can't even imagine...both my kids were chubsters. And your right getting an appointment on post is definitely sometimes an act of congress! For whatever reason, I never switched us to out in town...mostly because we have had the same primary care DR the entire time we have been here and I love her. Weird huh?

This deployment is definitely a huge black cloud hanging over...I think it will be worse this time. I dunno, ignorance is bliss helped on the first one. Now I know what it's like and what we have to look forward to. Not to mention it totally puts your life on hold for a year. I'm hoping for a miracle but not counting on one...lol!

NesrstaFamily said...

She is going to be such a cutie! I can't wait for all the updates. Still working on my Sarah montage...

About the deployments...I was pregnant with Grace when Ryan deployed, he saw the birth, left when she was a week old, then reappeared when Grace was 8 months old. Not gonna lie, it sucked, but also, it is not as bad as you think. I had family to help out and, in that sense, it was manageable. When Ryan came back, it was like Grace instinctively knew him. She warmed up to him right away--even though she did not to others--and it was like they never missed a beat.

My advice is take long trips home, visit with friends A LOT and show baby Sarah pictures and videos/voicemails everyday. We will make it through together....but still dreading it myself!!!

Jamie said...

Janet, loved the first week birthday pictures! That is such a great idea...what a great big brother already! I know your feelings about being a mom of two, and anxiety about doing it alone. Its hard, really hard, but you can do it. Give it to God, pray for strength and wisdom...He will give it to you. You are an awesome mom! You'll trudge through and be stronger than you ever knew you could be.

Team Manager said...

I'm here for ya. I feel like my circle of friends is bigger this time around and hope it will help get me through. So let's make a deal to ask for help when we need it and not feel ashamed about it. Okay?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...