Saturday, November 15, 2008

Something I've noticed about myself...

That I don't like to cut my hair while Phillip is gone. I mean, I trim and shape it up when it's needed, but as for the length, I don't cut any off.

And here's why:
My hair grows at an incredibly slow rate. And while Phillip is gone, time goes by at an incredibly slow rate. So, by not cutting my hair, I can look in the mirror and physically SEE how much time has gone by.

It's not something I planned. I didn't cut any length off on the first deployment either. I just have no desire to do it; it's almost like I'm cutting off and making major changes to something that BELONGS to US. Get it? I know it's kind of deep thinking, but...

So the same hair that's there when's he gone, is the same hair that he will come home to.

I do it all in the name of LOVE.

(Now where did I put the phone number to my therapist?)

5 comments:

Jennifer Bowen said...

I think it makes a lot of sense. With me, it wasn't so much about myself but with OUR furniture. I wanted something that was constant that reminded me of him. So, when my husband was deployed, there were two things I didn't move around...HIS chair and OUR bed. I'd have to think hard when rearranging things to fit around those two, but it always worked out. Weird, right? Anything for love! LOL

JennK said...

I guess I lack reminders like that.... or maybe I just haven't discovered mine yet....

PHILLIP said...

Have you been taking your meds...lol!

NesrstaFamily said...

Yes, the number is 555-you-r-normal. I always keep my hair my natural color when Ryan is gone. I know he likes it that color so I keep it. Who knows why! The crazy things we do, haha.

Christie Groth said...

I think that is very sweet. However, I may be in the need of meds as well. I am avoiding them with all I have because I have an issue when being weaned but when not cutting you hair has a reference to a period of time and no change. Well...maybe I need to rethink it. hahaha
It just sounds very intimate actually and I find that sweet.
Men always say they like long hair anyway, so why cut it? K measures hair by the number of "twists". Uh...yeah, you get the picture? hahaha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...