Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Another update...

Yesterday, I took Sarah to the Pediatrician to see if the problems that we've been having are actually due to acid reflux. I gave the symptoms (spitting up, almost vomiting my milk, wanting to eat so often, doing better overall and more satisfied with formula etc.) and it took no time for him to come up with gastroenteritis and acid reflux. Sarah is now taking medicine twice a day for that and....okay, it's been a very hard decision for me, but she is now eating Enfamil AR which has a bit of rice cereal in it to help with the spitting up. I feel that is not worth the stress of having her nurse for 45 minutes and then expelling almost all of her stomach contents on me and everything else (after or during the nursing session), and THEN have to be topped off with formula. We are getting very little sleep here, but last night, she finally slept for 3 hour stretches (on the formula). So, I will wean her and we will no longer breastfeed. With the time that Phillip has left over here (I'm talking deployment), I think this family needs a little rest; we need to figure out what the problems are, and try to solve them so we can enjoy each other.

I know I'm rambling. Sorry. Just filling you in. Baby's cryin'...gotta go. Will try to give you more interesting info. and more pics when I can. I'll try to also talk about something else besides new baby....someday.

2 comments:

Team Manager said...

New baby is exactly what I want to hear about. Post when you can and don't feel guilty if it's not as often as you would like.

I'm glad Sarah is doing better with the Enfamil AR and medicine. Hopefully that rest will come soon.

NesrstaFamily said...

Girl, I can relate because Luke was colicky. I thought I just wasn't going to make it. Please call/email me if you need anything. I mean it! I hope you get some sleep soon. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...