Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm a Sucker for a good Cupcake

Well, I've posted my Classic Movie list, and Daisy from 400 Wake-ups suggested in a comment that we read Wuthering Heights. I replied to her saying that she's definitely on to something!  After I complete my movie list (or maybe during), I'll start a Classic Novel list and tackle that too. 

She also said, "I think if we didn't have goals and lists, we would just sit in the dark and cry.".  I'm totally with her on that.

As I've mentioned before, the kids and I will be swinging on over to the East Coast en route to Louisiana soon.  I can't wait.  I've always wanted to see NYC, and I'm looking forward to visiting with a close, longtime friend there.  We'll also be in the Washington DC area to visit with more friends, and we'll get a chance to tour some of the Smithsonian, etc.

Traveling will be a nice time waster.  Traveling always recharges me. 

So, with that being said, while I'm back in Louisiana this summer, I plan to learn how to make some really good deserts.  I look at it as a part of my household contribution while staying with the in-laws.  When I was telling my husband about this, he chuckled and said that his dad would be more than happy to eat my mistakes or successes.  I need to make these deserts while I have someone else (more than just the kids) to help me eat them; because GAINING weight is not an option.

First up, from one of my favorite recipe sites:

Mini OREO Surprise Cupcakes recipe

I wish I had a picture to post with the recipe, but I don't.  So, you'll just have to imagine the chocolaty goodness, or just make them yourself.  Let me know if you do, okay?  Send me a picture, maybe?

Otherwise...Get ready, Pa-Paw!

J~

2 comments:

Ally said...

Ahh..yes. I have located my copy of Wuthering Heights and have it all laid out and ready for you. However, in the meantime, I will be reading Tina Fey's new book and the Hunger Games series. ;) My friend, DivaVee, has a Kindle. Her husband is in our unit and we joke that she spends a LOT of nights, cuddled up with "Kin". Ha! What else are ya going to do during a deployment??

Have fun traveling! I am posting my adventures in NYC last week sometime today and over the weekend. So, perhaps if you're looking for places to go or places to eat, you may find something that strikes your fancy. I agree...traveling DOES make the time go by faster. When I returned, it was JUNE!

Team Manager said...

If you get a chance you can add "the best cupcakes ever" to your baking list while in Louisiana. The recipe is on my blog. Perhaps you remember them? Your oreo ones look really tasty too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...