Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Classic Movie List...

So, it's getting to be about that time again.

Deployment.

I'm a mixture of emotions right now, but to sum it up (this will be the fifth major separation for our family) in one word for what I really feel:  Anger. 

Seriously, this is getting a bit ridiculous.  

But I refuse to let that get in the way of taking care of myself and the kids, and making things normal and fun. 

I have plans.  We're going to travel.  I'll learn to crochet. 

I always have to have something to look forward to.  Always.  And there are lots of things to look forward to, Thank Goodness.  But, I need a goal besides the normal losing weight/toning up thing; something fun to accomplish.  So, I've made a list and attached it to "Janet's Lists".

I'm going to watch at least 20 classic movies. 

Wish me luck.

And if I've missed a "must see" movie on the list, then please, let me know.  Your opinion does matter.

J~

4 comments:

Vivian said...

I really don't know what to say...must be so hard. Sorry! You have to stay strong for your family. I pray he will always be safe. Thank you Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice and for his service.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

I enjoyed reading your two lists :o) A great idea! Throughout the years when my hubby was active duty and deployed, it was challenging..but yes, keeping busy with fun things to do and places to see with our children definitely made for awesome experiences then and memories that we can look back on now. Here's to many, many memories for you all to experience...during times when your hubby has to be away, but also during times when you are all together as a family. Hugs!!!

Blessings & Aloha!
(...finally catching up on my return thank you visits...Thank you so much for visiting! ...and I am now following...I thought I already was! :o)

Team Manager said...

Crocheting is super easy to learn. I picked it up in 1 evening (with a great teacher) so I'm sure you'll have no trouble with it at all. Can't wait to see what you create!

Ally said...

Yeeahhh...I have a list too but somehow I've fallen horribly behind. Learn French. Bake something from the Martha Stewart cookbook. Plant an herb garden. I think if we didn't have goals and lists, we would just sit in the dark and cry. So, at least we are forced to go out into the day at some point. I hope it flies by. I know that it won't. And I hope that it's easy. And I know it won't be that either. I am so over all of this. Everyone else is. The American public has moved on. When I said to my sister yesterday that the attack at Camp Victory was WAY too close for my liking, she said "oh yeah, I saw something about some troops getting killed in Iraq, but I didn't think anything about it." I am pretty sure my head spun around and pea soup spit out. Enjoy your 20 classic movies and when you're done with those, maybe we can try to read Wuthering Heights. It's on my list...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...