- Gabe and I spent the weekend in New Orleans last weekend. I always LOVE going out there. Gabe loves being there. He said that we need to start a tradition of Mom and Gabe weekends in NOLA whenever we go back home to Louisiana. We also got a chance to have lunch with and go to the WWII museum with Phillip's brother, Greg, Greg's son/Phil's nephew, Adrian, and Greg's girlfriend, Lynn. I love those people...
- The kids have been in Red Cross swimming lessons for the past couple of weeks. Gabe has completed Level III, and Sarah has completed Level I. I was so impressed with how she's picked up the whole swimming thing..."like a mermaid!". I'll try to upload pictures (especially so that Phillip can see) to the photo collection soon. When we get back to Alaska, I'll try to put them in Fall lessons, so that they can keep up the good work.
- I've been shopping. In stores that offer variety! I can't wait to hit the outlet mall in Foley, Alabama in a couple of weeks.
- I also can't wait to put my toes in the sand at Gulf Shores, AL either!
- The kids and I spent Sunday before last at my Dad's house. I love having a full belly of my step-mom's rice and gravy (and smothered cabbage), and resting on the couch after lunch. Late afternoon trips to get ice-cream is always fun too.
- I've spoken to my friend, Lidia, a few times to check on Pichou (our cat). Looks like we may have some trouble getting her back when we return. Pichou has a new playmate in Lidia's cat, Max, and Lidia's children are getting attached. Pas Bon (not good)!
- Gabe went to the movies with my brother. Sarah went to the movies with her Ya-Ya. I plan on going to the movies by myself soon. That's right. I said "BY MYSELF!". Nothing like snorting/laughing and eating chocolate covered raisins in a "chick flick"...by yourself.