Saturday, October 25, 2008

Doing Better?

I THINK that Sarah is feeling better.

Yesterday, I tried to give her about 15 cc's of pedialyte and when I tell you that she was MAD at me for doing it, I mean she was thoroughly PISSED! And then, she vomited it all up.

So I called my friend, Karyn, and asked if she could keep Gabe for me for a few hours or maybe all night, and she was more than happy to help...which was a huge relief.

I then brought Sarah to the E.R. as per the advice of the nurse at the pediatric clinic at KDH.
(if they wanted her to wet a diaper by the morning, then force feeding her might not be the way to go about it)

At the hospital, they determined that she was not YET dehydrated (again) and didn't want to keep her there for fear that she may catch something worse in the hospital environment. To make a long and exhausting story short, they gave her some medicine to keep her nausea at bay. And like a good girl (and to make it seem like Mommy was just over-reacting), she wet a diaper and took about 4 ounces of formula in the observation room!

Gabe ended up spending the night at Karyn's house. I got some rest; but my body still hurts from the week of stress. And Sarah has been eating and wetting diapers.

All seems to be going well. Keep your fingers crossed.

Phillip's parents are just a few hours outside of the area and on their way. I'm so thankful that they will be here for a second and third brain, and if anything, a shoulder to cry or sleep on.

And now, I am going to maybe find someone to steam clean my carpet.....

J.Lo

3 comments:

Christie Groth said...

Sometimes I think kids giggle under their breathe when they make total liars out of us! hahaha It never fails, no matter what the age either.
I hope she gets better soon...for your sanity too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, J. I hope that Sarah feels better soon. I am glad that things are starting to look up as far as wet diapers and her drinking liquids. Baby steps are truly big in this case. Keep us posted.

Love, Mary

JennK said...

I am sooo glad she's feeling better and that you got some rest. I do love when our children makes us look like a complete wack job~hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...