- Went to the doctor yesterday and got more antibiotics. Major sinus infection. Sleeping propped up on my back, so that I can breathe, with someone the size of a small cat in my stomach is not very comfortable. My doctor's great....his nurse sucks for not returning phone calls. I can elaborate on that later.
- I gained 5 lbs in the past two weeks. Must've been the box of Ding Dongs I devoured last week!
- I'm starting the dilating process which, according to my great doctor, is what I should be doing.
- It looks like there will be a good turn-out for the baby shower....I really do feel loved.
- Living in a military community is sooooo different from the way I grew up. Coming from small town LA, you already knew everyone's story. Here, your friends and neighbors become like family; and I find it very interesting and downright cool to learn more about everyone that I meet. I learned more about my neighbor, Patricia, yesterday and I'm thinking "What's a big city Brazilian girl like you doing in a town like this?".
- Yesterday, I got to visit with the Urologist that I used to scrub for...I will always compare other doctors to him. I miss him because he was so fun to work with.
- Gabe got an awesome report card yesterday and so today....it's allergy shots and then a small treat from Toys-r-us for him.
- A "too cute" moment: Last night, I had trouble getting off of the kitchen floor after kneeling down to put a pot back into the cabinet. I just knelt there, quietly trying to work up the strength and courage to get up, when my little knight in shining armor comes to my rescue....he holds out one hand for me to grab and puts the other on my belly to support Sarah. My heart MELTED!
- My ankles have until the end of pregnancy, I think, officially become "cankles".
- Thanks so much for the window suggestions. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet, but you all have great ideas. I'm thinking that I might do a combo of a dried branch/flower swag with a bow tying it up in the middle.
- One more thing: Thanks so much for the compliments on the belly pics. I had fun and feel fortunate to have had the chance to do the shoot. I really owe Beth more than lunch...
- Oh, and member of my family said that I managed to make pregnancy look "sensual" in some of those photos. Darn! I'm liking the sounds of that because at this point in time, all my sexiness has flown out of the window!!!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Random News and Thoughts....because You Need to Know.
I'm stealing Tracy's idea and I'm making a list (I need to jump into the shower, and this is quicker).
Posted by We Four Explorers at 10:28 AM