Friday, August 15, 2008

Howdy Ya'll!

Well, we've only got a few days left and then we'll be back in Texas for I don't know how long. I have no idea yet what the plans are for Thanksgiving, but if I have the opportunity, then I'll mosey on down to Acadiana then. So, get ready Texas friends, Momma's coming back to town!

I've got the day to myself today. It's a birthday gift from my in-laws and I'm gonna take advantage of it. This morning, I'm going for my much anticipated massage, I'll lunch with an old school friend, get my toes done, and get the car detailed. Fun, Fun I tell ya. Being the worry-wart that I am, I know that I'll be looking at my watch the whole day thinking that I should relieve them of babysitting duties as soon as possible. They have been a tremendous help to me mentally and physically this summer and I am so grateful that even though I didn't have Phillip here with me, I had the next best thing, and that's the family that he came from. (I think that our being here helped them too, in ways)

I will post pictures soon from our past week. We did go to Deridder, as planned, to see Craig and Mary and yesterday, we went to photograph the Evangeline statue and the Oak in St. Martinville. We also sweated our butts off at the Longfellow-Evangeline State Park. It was a good day. And we ended the day with dinner at one of our favorite places, Prejeans.

Tomorrow, Gabe and I will spend the day doing stuff in New Orleans. Mary told me about the Insectarium and I can't wait to take Gabe to see it. I'll post links to all of these afore mentioned places in future posts.

I hope that everyone is doing well.
J~

PS. I realize that I need to update my photo collection on this blog. It's on my list of things to do when I get home. Peace out, J~ (I'm in kinda a wacky mood today despite having a HUGE crick in my neck...but I'm soon gonna get that fixed!)

6 comments:

Team Manager said...

I'm glad your visit has worked out well for everyone involved. Enjoy your day and return to us safely!!!

JennK said...

Lookin forward to your return....YIPEE!!!

Jennifer Bowen said...

Glad to know that you and your kiddos are doing well. I hope you had a wonderful alone-time yesterday. You truly deserve it!

Have a safe trip home! :)

Christie Groth said...

I'm glad you've enjoyed your time with family, but it about time you headed back! hahahaha Be careful and hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey, J! I found some little stinker's green beans in my fridge! Tee hee! We had a great time the other day. We have to do it again sometime soon!
Love, Mary

Linda said...

Awe, I hope you consider me in that line....'the family that he comes from'....

Very sweet BabyBird

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...