Monday, March 1, 2010

Catching Up...Part One

As I mentioned before, I'll go back in time periodically to play "catch up" on our past six months or so; I think it's been that long since I've been enthusiastic about blogging.

A couple of weeks ago, we were able to go home to Lafayette for our first Mardi Gras since 2001. Though it as a bit different this time (there was no desire to be drunker than Cooter Brown before 11 a.m., and we did have at least one child with us), we still had a great time. I was so happy to be able to show Gabe what Mardi Gras is really like, and Phillip was able to come over from Fort Rucker to meet us for the weekend.

Catching beads at the Saturday Children's parade.


It was at the Children's parade that we caught the most beads.

It was so nice to meet up with old friends. Reggie B. was with us, and by accident we ran into Sean and Shawna N. which brought up memories from way back when.

Sean made a couple of "Who Dat" signs (which earned the guys lots of beads) and the Channel 3 news crew met up with us after the parade was over. Gabe thought it was so cool to be on t.v.

We also went to other parades throughout our trip home; unfortunately, I wasn't in the mood to take very many pictures, so I don't have much more than what you see here. I should have taken more.

And as for Sarah, well she is a bit too young to take out to things such as this, so she stayed with her Pa-paw and Ya-ya. Maybe next time...

2 comments:

H. said...

^^ Harper ^^

H. said...

HOW cute!! I just looove Mardi Gras! ...and the Saints just made it even better this year!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...