Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dallas!

This past weekend, Angie took care of the kids at her house in Mount Pleasant, TX while I took the time to explore Dallas. Though I miss the kids very much while they are with her, I know that they are in great hands, and this does give me the opportunity to go at my own pace...rest and explore.

I grew up watching "Dallas", the soap opera, and I knew that this would be the last time I'd be in Dallas by myself, so I went to tour Southfork Ranch, which is actually in Parker, Texas. The house is way smaller than what you'd think it is (just like Graceland in Memphis) judging by what you may have seen on t.v.; the tour guides will tell you all about the history of the house and how the film studio used many tricks to make things appear differently. I also learned that the original owner of the house only allowed filming to be done during the HOT Texas summer months, and so much of Dallas was filmed on a soundstage in California. Below are pictures that I took from a disposable (I forgot my digital) camera:

The kitchen - the window over the sink is the window that the maid used to serve breakfast to the Ewings as they sat on their patio.

As the tour guide gave her very informative speech, we were allowed to sit on the couches in Jock's living room.

Jock and Ellie's bedroom is downstairs...

Right next to Bobby's room...

Which is next to Lucy's room, that is across from the bar, right next to the living room.

The only bedroom that was upstairs is Sue Ellen and J.R.'s room, along with it's super luxurious bathroom (two toilet rooms, a sauna, walk-in shower, and the jacuzzi suite).

The bed actually sat on a platform smack-dab in the middle of the room.

And, this is the back yard, with it's little tiny pool.

Though I have pictures posted here, they really do no justice to actually seeing the house firsthand. If you're ever in the Dallas area, I suggest you take the tour. There's so much more than just seeing the house itself.

Later on that day, I went downtown to see the BODIES exhibit. Unfortunately, I couldn't take pictures. All I have to say is...AMAZING! After seeing that exhibit, you really want to start taking better care of yourself; especially after seeing things such as emphysema and pneumonia in a section of lung.

1 comment:

jessicatodd said...

Pretty cool! I absolutely love the red kitchen. No chickens though! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...