Saturday, April 5, 2008

Our life this week...

We just returned from an overnight trip to see Phillip's sister, Angie, in Tyler. It was a good practice run for our trip to Louisiana next weekend for Sarah's baptism. All in all, things went pretty smoothly in the way of traveling with Sarah; though I did not pack enough formula, so we were kinda hurrying home today so that we could feed her. We went to a barbecue place today called The Purple Pig Cafe that had some of the best food I've had in a while. Last night, the others had boiled crawfish, which I don't eat, so my Taco Bell had gone down to my toes by the time we ate a late lunch over there today.

I feel the need to tell you a bit about how sensitive Gabe is. Every time he hears a sad story, my little man tends to get a bit emotional. He cried at the story of Jesus at church one night during Lent, and this week I got a comment from his teacher about him being so focused on and crying at the finish of the book The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. He came home to tell me the complete story and it sounds very touching. He also said that he caught himself about to cry so he quickly excused himself to the small bathroom in his classroom so no one would see him; his teacher caught on to what was happening though. Check it out. It's about a rabbit that loses his owner and has an adventure of sorts and learns some good life lessons along the way. It sounds like a story that every person would enjoy. As for Gabe's sensitivity toward sad stories, it makes my heart melt that he cares so much for others and just wants people to be happy. I think it says a lot about our home life over here, and the way we try to teach him to respect and have love for others. We're a tight little family.

We had a bit of excitement in the neighborhood this week. Sarah and I were taking a nap in our big comfy chair when I heard what sounded like a water pipe going full blast. We have a leaky toilet so I figured that it had finally blown a gasket. Well, it turned out to be our front water hose outside that had been mysteriously turned on. So, I go outside to shut it off and my neighbor, Shannon, is in the front yard talking to these other women; and one very mad coach from the highschool nearby is shouting and running down the street. Shannon then tells me that someone had broken into the field house at the school and ran into our neighborhood to escape and found himself in the backyard with Cooper, Shannon's HUGE rottweiler. The thief escaped and hasn't been found (to my knowledge). At the same time, my friend Sandy, passes by and asked us if anyone saw the peacock on the loose in the neighborhood. She was looking for it because it found itself in her yard with her two dogs. Strange!

We also had a bit of a scare a few nights ago. At 2:30 in the morning, we woke to the terrible crashing sound of our coffee cup shelf giving way (on a unit in our dining room). The whole family was a bit shaken from the noise. I calmed Sarah while Phillip cleaned the mess. Quite a few of our favorite, and non-replaceable cups were broken. Que' Bummer!

Whew! What a busy week! Glad it's over.

1 comment:

NesrstaFamily said...

I really enjoyed that post. You have a way with words my good friend. I enjoy every word.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...