Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What's Happening?

We had our Tuesday morning playgroup this morning at my house and I was told that I needed to update my blog. Lately, the only news that I have is about Sarah, so I really don't have too much else to talk about.

The upcoming deployment has been weighing heavily on my mind. Things are getting easier with the new baby, so I feel somewhat better about that. When Phillip went to Iraq the first time, Gabe and I looked forward to "exploring" on the weekends and I know that this time will be very different; it won't be easy to go out and about with Sarah, so I admit that I feel a little tied-down....and that kinda scares me. I am looking for new ways to pass the time this time around and I think I have some good ideas. The weekdays will be the hardest. I was told by someone that I really trust and respect that maybe I need to go back to work (for a diversion), but I don't think that will be the best answer. I want to be able to stay home and experience the first year with Sarah and if one or both kids ever gets sick, I'll have to worry about missing work. As for as adult companionship goes, I'll have to just try to get out of the house more often and take one day at a time. Still, it will be very lonely without my husband around; he is my best friend.

We are in the process of trying to figure out what needs to be done before he leaves. For example, we need to find a lawn service, finish fixing the hospital's screw-up on Sarah's birth certificate and social security card (they forgot the "H"), get my health insurance to pay for what they are supposed to on the pregnancy (that's been a lovely experience), etc. Lots to do....so little time. Luckily, Phil will have some time off of work to be able to help work on the list of things to do. I also want to find some way that I can have someone watch Sarah while Gabe is in school at least one day a week so that I can go to doctor appointments, or do whatever else that needs to be done that I might not be able to bring her along.

Phillip and I are both looking forward to mid-May, when we will have the opportunity to take a vacation. His parents offered to watch the kids while we go somewhere, so we decided that with time allowed, we will take a cruise leaving out of New Orleans. It will be five days of relaxation and un-interrupted sleep! Gabe said last night "Ya'll will have fun. Sarah and I won't because we won't be with you!". It's been since our honeymoon that we've taken a long vacation being just the two of us. And I'm willing to bet that Gabe will have fun spending the week with his Pa-Pa and Ya-Ya....he gets to take another week off of school for this occasion.

Gabe's kindergarten graduation will be in early June. This morning, I dressed him in a shirt and tie for his graduation pictures. He looked so very handsome. He couldn't wait to show his new tie to his friends... it had dinosaurs on it!

Have a good week. I'll try to post again soon.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I told Beth and Debra, but I guess I had forgotten to tell you that I have the greatest yard man. He is such a sweet guy and extremely trusting. He charges me what others offered, but also just kind of keeps an eye on things and has gone the extra mile for me. If you are interested in his number let me know.

Team Manager said...

Thanks for the update. See, you had plenty to talk about. Just remember you will not be alone during this deployment. We are all going to be missing our best friends. I'm excited for you guys and your cruise. We won't be able to make it happen before Abe goes so I will live vicariously through you!!

NesrstaFamily said...

Did you hear the good news?! 12 month deployments now! WHHHHEWWWW HEEEEEWW!! AHHHHH HHHHAAA!!! YYYEEEEEEE HHHHAAAAAWWWW!! I will try to keep the excitment down to a minimum in case things change, as they always seem to do...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...