Thursday, April 24, 2008

What should I title this lovely post?

Okay, I'm gonna get a little, shall we say morbid (?) here. I'm not sure why I'm posting something so personal, but then again I intend on putting all of this blog into a published book one day. I use this blog sort of like a journal of our life. I'm sure that my military friends will relate to what I have to say.

My husband packed recently for his upcoming deployment overseas. I won't post the pictures that I took, but I will tell you why I took pictures of him packing.

We hear that we've just missed the cut-off date for 15 month deployments and with the military, nothing is ever written in stone. So, we are all very bummed that the guys could be gone for so long. So much will be missed; I'm talking about a whole year of first grade, watching the baby take her first steps, etc., etc. I can't tell you how depressing it is.

I took those pictures because Phillip took Sarah into the room so that she could sit in her bouncy seat and spend time with him while he packed. I wanted her to know by seeing the pictures in the future (if God forbid he doesn't come home) that both her and Gabe are very much loved by him, and that he spent as much time as he could with them.

Today, life is so uncertain. I've learned that you have to be as prepared as possible for anything to happen. Call me a pessimist, if you will. But I can remember a time when I didn't have to think about such things as War, and I didn't have to think of the what-ifs. Innocence is bliss. And my children are thankfully, so far, innocent and un-knowing of the dangers of this world. And when the time comes that innocence is lost, they will at least have the pictures to remind them of good times and parents that loved them to Infinity.

Sucks, doesn't it?

2 comments:

Team Manager said...

Indeed it does.

NesrstaFamily said...

I concur. If you need someone to vent to, you know where to find me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...