Wednesday, July 9, 2008

One down, how many more to go?

Well, it's been a month since Phillip left. I talked to him last night for the first time in about 3 days and I was getting very lonely for his voice. It was time to hear it.

It's weird that when they're home, you seem to have no time to do anything. And now that he's gone, time is all I have. I'm constantly thinking of my next move in taking care of the house, myself and the kids. I'm always planning my strategy on how things will get done when I'm the only one here to do it. I miss the big and little things that made our busy life exciting, and most of all, I miss the presence of another adult in the house. I miss not having so much to do, and I hate that I'm looking forward to such things like doctors appointments to pass my time; our time. I guess that things will get busier once school starts. It sucks that they had to leave when the summer started, but is it ever a good time for them to leave? I'm thankful that I have plans to go back to Louisiana soon.

So, I'm happy that we've survived a month. It's been rough and it's been a long month; yet, it passed by quickly, if you get what I'm trying to say.

I've talked to people. I've read blogs. I've done some research on politics and the war. There is such a negative vibe this time around. The first tour wasn't so bad, because we were all going into this without knowing what it would really be like. This time, we know. We are all feeling the stress and fatigue of this whole thing called uncertainty.

What's going to happen with the elections? Who will our next president be? Will that person make the right choices? When will our husbands come home? When will they have to leave again? Is it really going to be 15 months, or can I look forward to only 11 more months? What will it take for morale to improve? Where will we be moving to after this deployment? Or will we move at all? How long will it take to sell my house if we do? And will our unit come home safely and in one piece? And why in the heck can't those people overseas get along? Why do we have to go out there at all? They've been at each others throats since way before Jesus was born!

As long as we live this active military life, there will be rumors. Nothing is ever written in stone. And that sucks. I'm ready for some answers. I'm ready to have something to look forward to besides planning our next Welcome Home Celebration Vacation. I don't even know when to make reservations for, so I'm just saving up for it now.

One thing that is strongly discouraged on my end is talking religion and politics. Everyone has a right to believe in whatever they believe in and I respect different point of views. I learn from them actually. Here are a few links that I ran across yesterday: this one, this one, and this one. I admit, I'm darn confused. I honestly don't have a formed opinion on the war; I really don't know if we should be there or not. I'm an independent thinker; I don't belong to one party or the other. All I know is that my husband has been out there already and I've heard stories that the media doesn't tell you about. There is a whole world of information out there, but what are we to believe?. I just hope everyone out there makes an informed decision come this November, and votes for the lesser of the two evils.

Bye Ya'll.
J~

3 comments:

PHILLIP said...

Well I haven't killed anyone that I work with so I guess that's the good news.

love you

p

Linda said...

I keep checking this thing, waiting for a new entry......today is July 14!!!!

What is it about being 'over there' and wanting to kill your coworkers? Dickie said the same thing this weekend....

Loving you, Linda

NesrstaFamily said...

Wait, nobody is getting along? Oh crap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...