Thursday, July 3, 2008

Touring the USS Kidd and LASM

After our particularly sucky day on Tuesday (I was a more than a little peeved at some recent events), I decided that Gabe and I needed to get out of town and explore something. When I mentioned my idea to tour the USS Kidd, he was all for it! The kid loves "old war stuff". And then I realized that it wouldn't be very easy to do with Sarah-Belle along with us, so I came up with a plan to go check out The Myrtles Plantation. Gabe would have nothing of it; he wanted to tour the ship. There were some places that I couldn't go with Sarah in her sling attached to my front, but we managed to have fun anyway.

Gabe below, walking toward the ship. The Mississippi River bridge in Baton Rouge, is what you see in the background.
The Old Capital building.

Yeah, I don't fix my hair very much these days. In this heat, it goes straight into a ponytail or something.

After we toured the ship, we went on to the Louisiana Art and Science Museum which was a short walk nearby. Children under the age of 3 were not allowed in the planetarium part of the museum, but again, we managed to have some fun. Gabe and I left refreshed and happy. Sarah slept all the way home.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I love the picture of Gabe looking at the map. Very 'adult' of him :)

Jennifer Bowen said...

You really made use of your time there wisely...looks like you went everywhere! It must have been a blast on that ship...your son looks like a real navigator. LOL

NesrstaFamily said...

I have been checking your blog, but haven't had too much time to comment. I am sorry about that. But, I do love looking at all your adventures. It makes me want to get up and visit LA with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...